StoryArt for Kids – School Holidays July 2018
where inspiration, imagination and creativity flow
Shadytree Books is passionate about inspiring budding young authors and artists to grow and develop their gifts and talents.
During the school holiday period, we provide opportunities for kid creatives to participate in StoryArts for Kids, small group workshops, that ignite, engage and grow confidence in the areas of creative writing and art.
The children are fully immersed in writing games, a variety of writing exercises and art activities during our workshops. If the weather is fine, we may explore the natural environment for some inspiration to add to our writing.
|8.50-8.59 am||Bathroom stop|
|9.00-10:30 am||Session A – Writing/Art|
|10.30-10:45 am||Morning Tea|
|10.45-11.45 am||Session B Writing|
|11.45 am -12.00 pm||Reflection & feedback|
|12.00 pm||Collection time|
|1.50-1.59 pm||Bathroom stop|
|2.00-3:30 pm||Session A – Writing/Art|
|3.30-3:45 pm||Morning Tea|
|3.45-4.45 pm||Session B Writing|
|4.45 -5.00 pm||Reflection & feedback|
|5.00 pm||Collection time|
What to bring
- Pencil case with all your favourite pencils, pens, erasers, sharpener and textas
- Your favourite notebook or writing journal
- Your morning tea, water bottle, sunblock, hat
- Bring along your imagination, your smile and great attitude and get ready to learn something new
What is provided
- A half day of fun, creative word play, drawing, imagining, interaction with like-minded peers, sharing of ideas, writing games, thinking games, confidence building exercises, and much, much more
- A safe and happy environment based at the garage studio and garden area of Shadytree Books
- Each session will focus on different aspects of writing and creating, but some favourite activities will blend across all programs
- All extra art, or creative writing materials will be supplied and included in the cost of the workshop
Workshop Teacher | Debbie Smith
Our creative director and presenter, Debbie Smith, is an author of children’s short stories, a number of them being published in anthologies, poetry and creator of children’s picture books. Her first illustrated picture book is on the road to publication and coming soon. She also writes middle grade novels. Debbie is a registered and very experienced Primary and Primary Specialist teacher who holds a current Blue Card and Public Liability. She is passionate about kids and their writing and love of books. Your child is ensured one-on-one time during the workshop due to groups being kept small.
Complete the registration form and select your desired workshop dates & times
Secure your child’s spot by purchasing your workshop now. Our 3 hour workshops are $45.
Please note: We will do everything within our power to accommodate your choice of day and time of session, however, if you have chosen a date and time where minimum numbers for the session aren’t reached, we will notify you and offer you an alternative date and time.
Our short courses, of three-hour duration, during the school holidays have proven popular in the past. It gives children an opportunity to participate in the course and still have time to spend with the family or try a different activity. Children are most welcome, and encouraged, to sign up for multiple sessions, if this suits your situation. Sessions will be varied throughout the program, although some popular activities or games may be repeated, especially if they are requested.